Thursday, March 4, 2010

Cut and Dried

My solo exhibition at Salle Alfred-Langevin opens in ten, yes count 'em, ten days. All the collages are finished, varnished and framed. Somehow I am ahead of schedule! Can I possibly be this organized, or have I forgotten something? I'm sure I'll find out soon enough. While I'm racking my brain, trying to remember whatever it is that I've forgotten, here is a preview of a few small pieces which will be included in the show.


Sometimes I like to work small; it forces me to simplify my ideas. I can't get too caught up in the details on a panel that is four inches wide and six inches long- the small scale just forbids it. Bold colour and strong design are what works best in the small collages. These two goldfish collages are companion pieces.

Goldfish #1, 4X6 painted paper collage on panel ©2010 Alyson Champ

Goldfish #2, 4x6 painted paper collage on panel © 2010 Alyson Champ

My tree frog obsession shows no signs of abating:

Tree Frog #3, 8X6 painted paper collage on panel ©2010 Alyson Champ

And last, but not least, something a little different:

White Park Steer, 5X7 painted paper collage on panel ©2010 Alyson Champ

No comments:

Post a Comment