Monday, February 21, 2011

Surf, Sun, Saddles and ...Art?





Halt - Sandy Spicer and McGill, photo courtesy of Line Thibault

Every now and then a business opportunity arises which is just too good to pass up. No matter how frantically busy I think I already am, I can see I would be a fool to squander such a chance to expand the audience for my art.

I am fortunate to have a collector of my work who is not only a cherished client of long standing, but who, over many years, has also become a good friend. It is through my friend Line Thibault that I have recently been given the opportunity to send some of my collages down to Florida- to the winter horse capital of North America, in fact. Yes, my art is going to Wellington, Palm Beach County!

My friend's horse trainer partner, Jacques Ferland, is the North American sales representative for French saddle maker Bruno Delgrange and they have a booth at the Winter Equestrian Festival in Wellington. The booth needs decorating, so.....

What this means, of course, is that I have to stop what I was doing (Well Dressed Dogs, etc.) and concentrate on collages of horse-related subjects. The collages must be finished, varnished and framed, ready to go to Florida by the second week of March. Enough blogging! I have to get to work. Here is a recently finished horse collage called simply "White Horse"



White Horse - 7x5, painted paper collage on panel, ©2011 Alyson Champ


and some photos of Wellington for you to drool over. Yes folks, this is a barn(!).....

White Fences Barn - photo by Sandy Spicer, courtesy of Line Thibault

An indoor riding arena...


A White Fences Arena - photo by Sandy Spicer, courtesy of Line Thibault


The grounds.....


Horse Paradise, White Fences Equestrian Community - photo by Sandy Spicer, courtesy of Line Thibault.

Are you drooling yet?

2 comments:

  1. What a fantastic opportunity! And yes, drooling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed! At least the art gets to go somewhere warm!

    ReplyDelete