Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Your Art Here

Photo courtesy of Line Thibault

No, this isn't a picture of my living room. This is the Bruno Delgrange Saddles sales booth at the WEF in Wellington, Florida. Four of my recently completed collages are on display there. Three are shown below.

Photo courtesy of Line Thibault

This is by no means the strangest place I have shown my art. At various times I have tried restaurants,race tracks, banks, municipal spaces, private businesses, public libraries, and once (and only once) at a prestigious one of a kind craft show which had me showing my work in a barn - next to a pig pen! It's one thing to have your work come home smelling like food and coffee...

I thought the Bruno Delgrange booth might be a natural fit for my horse themed collages. And as my friend Line had graciously offered to supervise the whole endeavour, I figured it was worth a try. It's certainly a beautiful place. And no pigs!


Harmony - 6x8 painted paper collage on mdf panel, ©2011 Alyson Champ


Corgi - 8x6 painted paper collage on mdf panel ©2011 Alyson Champ


The Dance - 6x8 painted paper collage on panel, © 2011 Alyson Champ

No comments:

Post a Comment