Tuesday, January 31, 2012

New Year, New Work


Yes, I know I'm a little late with the whole New Year thing, but I swear I haven't been idle. Actually, the opposite is true; I have been rather busy of late. Strangely enough what has kept me so occupied hasn't been collage, but rather a lot of painting. Good thing I never dropped the "fine oil paintings" from the banner of this blog! As there is no longer an oil painting section on my recently revised website, this blog and Facebook are the only places you will see this work. So much for swearing off painting.

Les voici, here they are:

The first is a portrait of my friend Eric's beautiful daughter, Rafaƫla, who was a model for my art classes last fall. I enjoyed the process of portrait painting so much - something I haven't done in a very long time- that I had her come back to the studio and sit for me so that I could finish the job. The finished painting turned out very well, although it is now painfully obvious to me that I need new glasses.



Portrait of Rafaela - 17.5X13.5 oil on board © 2011 Alyson Champ (sold)


Most recently I completed a couple of small landscapes. The first one is an oil sketch on a little 6"x 4" panel. If you think you might like to own it, just drop me a line. It is priced to sell at $95 CAD, and I will ship for free within Canada.


Bush Trail - 6x4 oil on panel, ©2012 Alyson Champ







Also recently completed is "First Snow" ( shown above, 10"x 12" oil on canvas, © 2012 Alyson Champ).
This landscape is signed, varnished and ready to go. Yours for $415 CAD.


"Autumn Bouquet"
- 18"x 14" oil with acrylic underpainting on canvas, ©2012 Alyson Champ ($490 CAD)

Yes, "Autumn Bouquet" IS the same still life from the last post where it was called "Autumn Still Life with Plums". I'd like to say that I renamed it for some sensible reason, but the truth is I had forgotten what I called it. "Autumn Bouquet" is signed, varnished and available to hang on the wall of your sunny kitchen. Just drop me a line here.

And now it's back to the glue again.

No comments:

Post a Comment