Friday, January 18, 2013

Good News

2013 is certainly off to a good start!

Word came to me yesterday that my collage "Saratoga" was sold by the Art Rental and Sales Service of the Stewart Hall Art Gallery, Pointe-Claire, Quebec. I was happy to have two collages included in the 2012/2013 collection, and now I'm doubly chuffed that one of my collages has sold. A big thank you to the gallery staff for making the sale!


Another little surprise that arrived in the mail was a letter of invitation from The American Academy of Equine Art to participate in their "The Horse in Fine Art, 2013" exhibition. The exhibition will run concurrently in two venues: At the Anne Wright Wilson Gallery of Georgetown College, in Georgetown KY, and at The Marietta/Cobb Museum of Art in Marietta GA, which is near Atlanta. The Horse in Fine Art Exhibition will be on display during the Rolex Kentucky Three Day Event at the Kentucky Horse Park near Lexington, the Kentucky Derby in Louisville, and the spring season of Thoroughbred racing at Keeneland.

Now a word of caution, being invited IS NOT the same as being IN. My work still might not make the cut. However, as they say in Hollywood about the Oscars, it's an honour just to be nominated!

For more information about the AAEA, just click the link here.

I'd better get working!

No comments:

Post a Comment