Thursday, March 20, 2014

In Like a Lion and Out Like a...?

March arrived roaring in our little corner of La Belle Province and it shows little sign of quieting down. Here we are, the first official day of Spring, and it is snowing. Again. Apparently Mother Nature wanted to celebrate the Vernal Equinox this way:



More snow is announced for Saturday. I hope wherever you are there are daffodils. 

The only place on our farm where you can catch a glimpse of spring is out in the barn. Yes, we have lambs!



Now if that doesn't cheer you up, I don't know what will.  Cheers me up. There aren't too many things more fun to watch than a baby animal experiencing the world for the first time. This little girl is getting acquainted with her Auntie Violaine. 

Tempted as I am to spend the day watching lambs frolic, I do actually get some real work done. Even when it looks like this outside my studio.


It's always bright and comfortable inside. With some music on and a collage on my work table, I can forget about our lousy weather.

I finished a new collage just this afternoon. "Carriage Parade"  is slated for Mackinac's Little Gallery for the seasonal re-opening in May. A big thank you goes out to Bree's Mackinac Island Blog for the reference photo.

"Carriage Parade" 8X10 painted paper collage on panel.

I really like the green collage paper in this one. Sigh. I remember green.


2 comments:

  1. you will be lucky to see green anytime soon. why not come visit me in Florida, we can collage together. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. March 30th and we are having another snowstorm!!! Florida sounds better and better....

    ReplyDelete